Want to sleep but can’t sleep May at risk of insomnia
What is Insomnia ?
Can’t sleep, what should I do? Normally, humans have different hours of sleep. According to สมัคร ufabet The optimum number of hours of sleep for adults is 7-9 hours per day. Although there are plenty of opportunities for sleep. But many people have insomnia, have difficulty falling asleep. Keep falling asleep and wake up, and do not sleep well. causing insufficient rest.
These symptom ‘Insomnia’ is a problem. That can found in people of all genders and ages, but it is more common in women and the elderly. Including patients with physical or mental problems. Patients should find ways to sleep by adjusting their behavior or consulting a doctor. If they have chronic insomnia. Before it is too late and it affects their daily life and work.
Symptoms of insomnia
Symptoms of insomnia can be found in many forms, such as insomnia. Can’t sleep well Or not sleeping well, having difficulty falling asleep, taking more than 20 minutes to fall asleep. Falling asleep and waking up often, waking up in the middle of the night, waking up and not being able to fall back asleep sleepy during the day But can’t sleep at night, etc.
Types of insomnia
Insomnia can divide into several types according to various criteria. But if divided according to the nature of the period of insomnia. It can divided as follows:
- Difficulty falling asleep is a condition in which patients have difficulty sleeping. It takes a long time to fall asleep. This condition may be related to anxiety.
- Falling asleep and then waking up and being unable to sleep as the body desires again (Maintenance Insomnia) is a condition in which the patient is unable to sleep for a long time. Frequently waking up in the middle of the night The condition may be related to physical problems such as sleep apnea, for example.
- Waking up quickly and being unable to fall back asleep is a condition in which the patient wakes up earlier than the time they should wake up. May be found in patients with depression.
Causes of insomnia
The causes can cause by many factors, such as
- Environmental factors such as temperature being too high or too low Too much light outside noise Sleeping in different places makes it difficult to fall asleep.
- Physical factors or various illnesses such as having sleep apnea (Sleep Apnea), gastroesophageal reflux disease have stomach pain body pain Sleep related diseases, cough, etc.
- Psychological factors such as stress, anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, and pressure. Feeling depressed, discouraged, and discouraged
- Behavioral factors such as drinking alcohol Caffeine consumption Using certain drugs that make it difficult to sleep, empty stomach, causing hunger late at night or too full Causes stomach cramps in the middle of the night to the point of not being able to sleep. Unhygienic sleeping habits such as playing games or using cell phones before bed. Including some types of work duties that require shifts. This causes the need to change sleeping times frequently.